Thursday, July 5, 2012

Franks Ocean discusses sexuality
















Rapper/ R&B artist Frank Ocean is definitely the topic of conversation these days. The Popular artist wrote very eloquently on his Tumblr page about the first time he fell in love...and ladies and gents the surprise is that he admits his heart was snatched away by a young man he met 4 summers ago.

“4 summers ago, I met somebody,”  he writes. “I was 19 years old. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Everyday almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I’d see him, and his smile. Sleep I would often share with him. By the time I realized I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless. There was no escaping, no negotiating to the women I had been with, the ones I cared for and thought I was in love with.”

This confession gets so much attention because there aren't any openly Gay or Bi-sexual male rappers in Hip Hop. Whether we like it or not, the hip hop music industry has been plagued with stereotypical imagery of gold chains, half naked women and super tough heterosexuality. Maybe...just maybe Hip Hop is evolving into something totally suitable for the times. Hey remember when Nicki Minaj first came out as an artist??? She was very bisexual at one point...not sure if it was to enhance her popularity or album sales?!

Question of the day: Will this new information about Frank Ocean's sexuality change your view of him as an artist???

UnderGroundz Highlighted Heat 
It's Ms.Chyna BlaQ

No comments:

Post a Comment